Sport at Queen’s
Queen’s High School offers a variety of individual and team sports. We aim to promote participation and provide the opportunity for all Queen’s High School girls to gain a positive experience from sport.
We believe participation in sport encourages the development of discipline, commitment, positive attitudes, skill acquisition, and taking responsibility as a contributing member of a team.
Throughout the year there are many whole-school events that the Sports Department organises. These include the school athletics day, the inter-house cross country, and school swimming sports.
Queen’s High School offers a wide range of sports to students, including:
AerobicsAthleticsBadmintonBasketballOrienteeringCricketCross CountryEquestrianGolfHockeyFutsalNetballPetanqueRowingRugbyRoad RunningIce HockeySoccerSoftballSquashTennisTouchTriathlonVolleyballWater Polo
More information about these sports can be found here:
Curriculum based courses also have sporting components, these include:
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
Further sports may be available if there is student demand. Examples include:
- Lawn Bowls
- Table Tennis
- Underwater Hockey
10 Useful Tips for Supporting Kids in Sport
- Respect the officials’ decisions; be a good sport!
- Show your love of sport by applauding all competitors and opponents.
- Provide positive, supportive, and motivating comments; sport is fun!
- Be thankful to the coaches, umpires, and officials who give up their time to help sport.
- Appreciate all levels of sport engagement, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or ability.
- Remember that the game can be very different to take part in, compared with viewing it.
- Do not curse, use derogatory language, show anger or aggression, or be excessively negative.
- Be well mannered in post-event functions and when speaking with stakeholders.
- Do not criticise, ridicule or put pressure on players, the team, officials, or spectators.
- Do not drink alcohol in any sport environment. Keep our sport venues smoke-free.
Sport & Cultural Awards Evening
If you weren’t at the 2016 awards evening on October 19, click here to see the PowerPoint which supported the evening.